- Park open 365 days a year from dawn to dusk
- Smithville Mansion: May-October, Thursday and Sunday 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00 pm
- Underground Railroad Museum of Burlington County: Thursday-Saturday, 10 am-4 pm; Sunday 12-4 pm
- Workers House Museum: Thursday-Saturday, 10 am-4 pm; Sunday 12-4 pm
- Visitor Center: Tuesday-Sunday, 12:30 pm-4 pm
- Guided tours offered throughout the year
- Self-guided tours of village and other museums
- Nature programs offered for visitors of all ages
- Several yearly festivals take place at the park, including Earth Fair, Arts in the Park, Fall Float and Victorian Christmas
- Group tours
- Vending machines
- ADA accessible site
- Bus parking
- Guided Smithville Mansion tours: Adults - $8, Seniors and Students - $7
Historic Smithville Park
803 Smithville Road, Eastampton, NJ 08060
The centerpiece of the Burlington County Parks System, Historic Smithville Park boasts the Historic Smithville Mansion - home to industrialist and politician Hezekiah B. Smith and his wife Agnes - as well as a worker’s house and schoolhouse on the expansive property. Smithville grew from a small mill operation on the Rancocas Creek to a major industrial plant employing hundreds of workers in its shops and yards from the 1860s to the 1920s. The village was also ahead of its time in town planning, sustainability, and workers’ rights and welfare, as it offered residents and workers various recreational, artistic and educational opportunities. Today, the village is listed on the National and New Jersey Registers of Historic Places. The 312-acre park also features diverse forests, meadows, freshwater streams and wetlands, as well as Smithville Lake, where visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, canoeing and picnicking.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Tour the Smithville Mansion for a glimpse at life in the Smith household
- Embark on a self-guided tour of the historic village, making stops at the worker’s house, schoolhouse or other museums along the way
- Head over to Smith's Woods Area across from the Historic District to explore hiking trails, a butterfly garden, playground and picnic areas with grills. Reserve a Picnic Pavilion for a special occasion.
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.