- Open daily 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Extended hours Memorial Day to Labor Day: 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Programs offered every weekend include blacksmith and cooking demonstrations, sheep shearing, live music, and guided tours
Historic Longstreet Farm
44 Longstreet Road, Holmdel, NJ 07733
Historic Longstreet Farm promotes an appreciation for Monmouth County farm life at the end of the nineteenth century by preserving historic structures and practices through interpretive programs and tours. The sights, sounds, and smells of rural Monmouth County in the 1890s have been re-created on nine acres. Interpreters in period dress show both daily and seasonal agricultural and domestic activities. Buildings on the site include a workshop, farmhouse, smoke house, ice house, chicken house, blacksmith shop, potato house, wagon house, corn crib, hog house, Dutch barn, stable, and carriage house. These buildings further illustrate the farming and community life of early Dutch settlers.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Discover what farm life was like in Monmouth County in the 1890s
- Attend a cooking, blacksmith, or sheep shearing demonstration led by an historic interpreter
- Tour the various buildings on site
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.