- Friday - Sunday, 1 - 4 pm, May through September
- School programs
- "Traveling Trunk" programs
- "Hearth and Home" living history tour
- Adults $5
- seniors and students $2.60
- children under 6 free
150 W. Main Street, Freehold, NJ 07728
William and Elizabeth Covenhoven built this impressive Georgian house in 1752-53. The main rooms have been furnished according to a 1790 inventory of William Covenhoven's estate. The house served as the headquarters of British General Sir Henry Clinton before the decisive battle at Monmouth Court House on June 28, 1778. Howe served in the British forces in the colony from 1775, and was appointed Commander in Chief of British forces in February 1778.
Covenhoven House is now maintained and interpreted by the Monmouth County Historical Association.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Tour the house
- Visit Monmouth County Historical Association's five other historic homes in the area
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.
Photos courtesy Monmouth County Historical Association and the Jane Austen Society - Central NJ Region