- January - March: Weekends Noon - 4 pm
- April - December: Tuesday - Friday 10 am - 4 pm, weekends noon - 6 pm
- Closed month of October except for Haunted Mill events (see website for details)
- Haunted Mill
- Military re-enactments
- Innovation Day/STEM activities
- Concert & Lecture Series
- ADA accessible Welcome Center & Restrooms
- Gift Shop
- Guided Tours
- January - March: Adults $5
- April - December: Adults $10, Children age 6 - 12 $6, Veterans, Active Duty, Seniors $8
- Children under 6 always free
Red Mill Museum Village
56 Main Street, Clinton, NJ 08809
Set along the south branch of the Raritan River, the Red Mill Museum Village centers around Hunt’s Mill, an 1810 wood frame structure that was used during its history to process wool, grist, plaster, graphite, energy and water power; and the Mulligan Quarry, owned by Irish immigrants whose limestone operation continued for 120 years and included processing buildings and worker housing.
In 1960, five concerned citizens, known as the “Red Mill Five,” purchased the property to save it from deterioration due to neglect. The ten-acre site now includes an operational blacksmith shop, permanent and rotating exhibits, one-room school house, stone-sorting screen house, office, and tenant house. Visitors can experience the impact these early industries had on the surrounding community and how they shaped New Jersey, including providing stone for the beds of the state's first roads and railways.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Take a guided tour and watch a blacksmith demonstration, available the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month between 2 pm and 4 pm
- Check out the permanent collection, with over 40,000 agricultural, industrial, and domestic artifacts; special exhibits may also be on view
- After your visit, cross the bridge into downtown Clinton and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant or visit the Hunterdon County Art Museum, also located in a restored mill
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.