- Currently closed to the public
- Self-guided tours offered
- Educational programming and events on site
- School group programs available upon request
- scenic overlook
- photography opportunities
- facility permits
Garret Mountain Reservation, 8 Mountain Avenue, Woodland Park, NJ 07424
Situated within Garret Mountain Reservation, the 70-foot tall Lambert Tower was built in 1896 for silk mill entrepreneur Catholina Lambert. Along with Lambert Castle, the structure was built to be reminiscent of castles in Great Britain where Catholina Lambert spent his childhood. Today, visitors enjoy spectacular panoramic views from the top of the observation tower overlooking the City of Paterson. The historic site is one of the most popular backdrops for special event photography in New Jersey.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Take a self-guided tour of the tower to enjoy scenic views of the surrounding Garret Mountain Reservation
- Explore the 568-acre Garret Mountain Reservation and its hiking trails, basketball courts, picnic areas, and Barbour’s Pond
- Take riding lessons and explore the trails on horseback at Garret Mountain Equestrian Center
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.
NJ HISTORICAL SITES