- December-Memorial Day: Wednesday through Sunday, 1-4 pm
- Memorial Day-Labor Day: Wednesday through Sunday, 12-4 pm
- October-Mid-December: Museum Closed for Holiday Boutique
- Museum closed New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Self-guided tours
- Extensive calendar of lectures, historical presentations, concerts, book signings and several major annual fundraisers, such as the Holiday Boutique in November and Victorian Tea in April
- ADA accessible site and restrooms
- Elevator access to all floors
- Facility available for rent
- Pedestrian plaza
- Passaic County Historical Society Members – Free
- Adults - $5.00
- Senior Citizens (65+) - $4.00
- Children ages 5-17 – $3.00
- Children under 5 – Free
3 Valley Road, Paterson, NJ 07503
Built in 1892, Lambert Castle (formerly known as Belle Vista) was home to silk magnate Catholina Lambert. The castle is now owned by the County of Passaic and has been home to the Passaic County Historical Society since 1934. The museum’s exhibits and furnishings reflect the local history of Passaic County through the curation of its large and ever-expanding collection of artifacts, archives and records. Located in the lower level of the castle is the Elizabeth A. Beam Memorial Historical Society Research Library, operated by the Passaic County Historical Society. Here scholarly researchers, genealogists and history buffs can discover manuscripts, maps, photographs, genealogy records and other information that reveals the history of Passaic County.
Please note: Lambert Castle is closed to the public for three years while it undergoes restoration.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Explore the third floor that is home to the Gaetano Federici sculptor exhibition and used to display short-term exhibits
- Discover family history at the Elizabeth A. Beam Memorial Historical Society Research Library
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.