- Tours of historic Greenfield Hall: open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and the first Sunday of the month from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Tours also offered by appointment
- Patricia Lennon Archives Center: open Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pm, and the first Sunday of the month from 1:00pm to 3:00pm or by appointment
- The Society hosts a bi-monthly history themed book club and quarterly programs with speakers on historic topics
- Annual Candlelight Dinner in March has been held for almost 100 years
- Haunted Haddonfield Walking Tours offered in October
- Self-guided walking tour of Haddonfield offered in October
- For more information about events and programs, visit haddonfieldhistory.org/
- ADA accessible first floor and bathroom at Patricia Lennon Archives Center
Historical Society of Haddonfield
343 King's Highway East, Haddonfield, NJ 08033
The Historical Society of Haddonfield was founded by a group of residents in 1914 to increase awareness about history related to Haddonfield and develop collections to study, interpret, and promote history to the general public. The Society maintains two historic houses: Greenfield Hall built in 1841 and the Samuel Mickle House built in 1736, which houses the Patricia Lennon Archives Center. The newly completed Archives Center features local documents, correspondence, photographs, diaries, scrapbooks, maps, pamphlets, ephemera, privately published books, and more.
Greenfield Hall was purchased by the Historical Society in 1960 and features collections of pottery, glass, textiles, tools, dolls, toys, and furniture including several pieces once owned by Elizabeth Haddon Estaugh- Haddonfield's legal founder. In addition, the building is part of the Crossroads of the American Revolution National Heritage Area for the Hessian encampment on the property in 1777. Both historic buildings are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The Society also holds quarterly lectures on topics of historical interest, sponsors a bi-monthly history themed book club, and hosts other special events throughout the year.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Take a tour of Greenfield Hall to uncover Haddonfield’s historic past
- Conduct research into local Haddonfield residents and history at the Patricia Lennon Archives Center
- Attend an event hosted by the Society, including a book club, history speaker program, or Haddonfield Walking Tour
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.