- Open by appointment only
- Appointments available at https://www.eventbrite.com/o/grover-cleveland-birthplace-historic-site-51186131233
- Special events and programs held throughout the year
- Popular ice cream social held on the Fourth of July
- Gift shop
- ADA accessible bathrooms
- Visitor Center
- Self-guided tours
Grover Cleveland Birthplace
207 Bloomfield Avenue, Caldwell, NJ 07006
This house served as a modest beginning for Former US President Stephen Grover Cleveland, who grew up to become the only US President to serve two non-consecutive terms and the only US President to hail from New Jersey. Grover Cleveland was born in this house in 1837 to parents Reverend Cleveland and Ann Neal Cleveland who lived there from 1834 to 1841. The house continued to serve as the home for pastors of the local First Presbyterian Church until 1912. Cleveland family stories and artifacts highlight the formative years of a future president. Galleries chronicle the political rise of Grover Cleveland and his presidential terms from 1885 to 1889 and 1893 to 1897 through the President and First Lady’s personal artifacts.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Discover the humble beginnings of US President Grover Cleveland
- Learn about the Cleveland family history through personal artifacts and stories
- Explore charming Caldwell, a walkable one-square-mile town featuring historical and architectural sties
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.