- Museum: Tuesday – Saturday, 10 AM – 4 PM or by appointment
- Memorial open year-round, 24 hours
- Free guided tours: first Saturday of the month at 11 AM and 1 PM
- Group tours (15 or more) available by reservation
- Gift shop
- ADA accessible
- Adults $7
- Seniors/Students $5
- under 12 and Active Service/Vets free
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Museum
1 Memorial Lane, Holmdel, NJ 07733
The Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center is the first museum of its kind in the United States, devoted solely to helping visitors gain an understanding of the conflict in Southeast Asia and the surrounding political strife and its lasting impact on American culture with an emphasis on experiences in New Jersey.
Dedicated in September 1998, the Museum provides political, cultural and historical context for the Memorial. The memorial itself was designed by Hien Nguyen who fled war torn South Vietnam in 1975. The unique open-air design is made up of 366 polished black granite panels that represent each day of the year along with the names of 1,556 New Jerseyans killed or reported missing on that date.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Visit the Museum and Education Center
- Walk through the Women Veterans Meditation Garden
- See the Purple Heart Memorial
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.