- Open dawn to dusk every day of the year, unless noted on the website for special events
- Major programs include experiential classes in environmental and horticultural education for children, families, adults, seniors, and special needs populations, indoor/outdoor concert series, annual classic Jaguar show, scarecrow contest, Roses-to-Rock Gardens tour of private gardens in Montclair and Deck the Halls boutique and celebration in November
- Self-guided cell phone tour of gardens and history of the House and Gardens available
- ADA accessible
- Visitors Center
Van Vleck House and Gardens
21 Van Vleck Street, Montclair, NJ 07042
Van Vleck House and Gardens is a former private estate that now serves as a non-profit community resource in Montclair, New Jersey. The campus features nearly six acres of spectacular formal gardens, an arboretum, and an Italianate style mansion built in 1916 for nonprofit organizations seeking a space for meetings, retreats, and celebratory events. The mansion terrace has some of the oldest and grandest wisteria vines in North America. The property is owned and managed by The Montclair Foundation.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Explore the formal gardens and arboretum
- Attend one of the many community events offered throughout the year
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.