- Regular hours: Mon – Wed, 10 am – 9 pm, Thurs 10 am – 6 pm, Fri 10 am – 5 pm, Sun 1 pm – 4 pm
- Summer hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day): open until 2 pm on Saturday, closed Sunday
- Check website for holiday closures
- self-guided tour
- ADA accessibility
- On-site parking
USS Enterprise (CV-6) Collection
412 Rivervale Rd, River Vale, NJ 07675
The USS Enterprise (CV-6) was the seventh U.S. naval ship to be given the name "Enterprise." Commissioned in 1938, the USS Enterprise (CV-6), known as the Big E, earned twenty battle stars and the distinction of being the most decorated naval ship of World War II.
In 2012, the River Vale Public Library established the USS Enterprise collection in partnership with the ship’s veterans. The library houses an exhibit about the ship, its accomplishments and the men who served as its crew. The ship’s stern plate is displayed outside the library in a memorial park.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Visit the exhibit in the library.
- View the stern plate and memorial plaque nearby.
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.