- April - June: Tuesday - Saturday, 10 -5
- July - October: Wednesday - Saturday, 10 -5, Sunday Noon - 5
- Closed: November - March, July 4
- Farm activities daily
- museum tours of The Willows
- special events
- Visitor Center
- ADA accessible restrooms
- Adults $6
- seniors $5
- children 4-16 $5
- Children 2-3 $2
Fosterfields Living Historical Farm
73 Kahdena Rd, Morristown, NJ 07960
Experience farm living as it was done over 100 years ago at Fosterfields Living Historical Farm. Enjoy many of the daily farm activities that took place in the 1920s. Visit the farm animals, watch the farmer plowing or planting the fields and help collect eggs and grind corn to feed the chickens. Chat with one members of the staff dressed in period clothing to learn more details about the lifestyle of those who lived and worked on the farm. Tour the interactive Transportation Exhibit filled with antique automobiles.
The property has been a working farm since 1760. General Joseph Warren Revere, grandson of Paul Revere, bought farm property in the mid-1800s and built the Gothic Revival home, The Willows. Charles Foster purchased the farm in 1881, changing its name to Fosterfields, and it was here that his daughter, Caroline Foster, lived 98 of her 102 years. In 1972, Ms. Foster donated Fosterfields to the Morris County Park Commission, to be preserved as a ‘living historical farm,’ the first in New Jersey.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Stop in at the Visitor Center
- See the farm animals and participate in farm activities
- Watch the farmer till and plant the fields
- Take a wagon ride around the Farm
- Tour the Willows from the perspective of its Irish servants
- See the Transportation Exhibit filled with antique automobiles
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.