- Camden County Museum: Wednesday - Friday, 10AM – 4:30PM
- Research Library: Wednesday and Friday, by appointment
- Pomona Hall: By appointment
- Guided tours of Pomona Hall
- Exhibits on the Lenape People, American Revolution, Victor Talking Machine Company, and the Camden Music Hall of Fame
- Outdoor exhibits include the Castle on the Hill Rain Garden and the Parkside History Garden
- School group tours available by appointment
- Educational programming offered throughout the year
- Camden County History Month
- Street parking
Camden County Historical Society
1900 Park Boulevard, Camden , NJ 08103
Located within the Camden County Historical Society’s campus is Pomona Hall, also known as Cooper House, a notable example of an eighteenth-century Georgian residence. The history of Pomona Hall spans over 330 years and was once the center of a 423-acre plantation. Now surrounded by a residential neighborhood, Pomona Hall is one of the principle historic sites in Camden County and is associated with the Cooper family, who were early Camden settlers. Also part of the Camden County Historical Society’s campus is the Hineline Research Library and the Camden County Museum featuring exhibits on the Lenape People, American Revolution, Victor Talking Machine Company, Women’s History, and the Camden Music Hall of Fame.
The Camden County Historical Society has occupied Pomona Hall since 1924 and the Charles S. Boyer building, which includes the Hineline Research Library and auditorium as well as the Camden County Museum, since 1967. Pomona Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places on August 12, 1971.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Visit the museum to learn about the Victor Talking Machine Company, Lenape Indians, American Revolution, Camden Music Hall of Fame, and notable women in Camden County
- Stroll exhibits in the Castle on the Hill Rain Garden and the Parkside History Garden
- Participate in Camden County History Week
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.