- Open daily in July and August from 10am to 4pm
- Open weekends June through October from 10am to 4pm
- Gardens open all year to the public
- Closed on Mondays
- ADA accessible
Barnegat Light Museum
501 Central Avenue, Barnegat Light, NJ 08006
Barnegat Light Museum is a former one-room schoolhouse that was converted into a museum in 1954. The museum features the original 1859 Fresnel Lens from Barnegat Lighthouse and many historical records, pictures, and videos depicting life in Barnegat Light and surrounding areas, including displays of local maritime history. Young visitors can also embark on a treasure hunt around the museum. The Long Beach Island Garden Club maintains the outdoor gardens which are open to the public. Barnegat Light Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO
- Discover local history through museum records, pictures, and videos depicting life in Barnegat Light
- Tour the beautiful outdoor gardens
Journey through Jersey strives to have the most up-to-date information, but always check with the site itself before planning a visit.